Application Of Iron Oxide Pigment In Building Materials
Application of Iron Oxide Pigment in Building Materials
The largest consumer of iron oxide pigments is the construction and coating industry. The rise and fall of these two industries and direct changes in demand for the region's consumption situation. In recent years only for color mortar iron oxide in more than 7,000 tons per year. In addition to paving materials, the Western European concrete roof tiles, concrete prefabricated parts, concrete blocks, colored bricks, color mortar, also need a lot of iron oxide pigments. In North America, Canada is influenced by the European style, iron oxide consumption structure similar to Europe, Canada and Australia iron oxide pigments are also mainly used in the construction industry in Western Europe 60% of iron oxide for building materials. Such as the United States in the annual consumption of 50,000 tons there are 30,000 tons for the construction industry; British concrete flooring materials with iron oxide at an alarming rate of growth. 65% of Canada's iron oxide products are used in the domestic concrete industry and 10% for colored concrete mortars. In the Australian iron oxide pigments annual trading volume of 20,000 tons, its demand with the number of new buildings and ups and downs. In recent years, the United States in recent years by the European market, the construction industry, the amount of iron oxide pigments with the rapid development of the industry is also increasing, about synthetic iron oxide 40,000 to 50,000 tons per year. US iron oxide in the building materials sector is mainly used for concrete pavement (about 15% to 20%) a large number of iron red, yellow, iron, iron and black manufacturing of colored concrete products. For housing construction, iron brown, iron black in China is the most popular building materials colorants. In short, the foreign iron oxide consumer market, whether it is the existing market or potential market, are mainly subject to the demand for colored building materials control. In the country, most of the iron oxide pigments are used in building materials, the amount of about 60% of total sales. Mainly applicable to the following various building structures and concrete products, coloring:
1. Colored concrete products series: such as concrete color tile, colored concrete tiles (pavement tiles, permeable bricks, grass bricks, tiles, etc.), colored concrete blocks (split blocks, wall blocks, cultural stone, etc.).
2. Color cement series
3. Castable color concrete series.
4. Color dry powder mortar series: such as mold floor and wear-resistant flooring with color solid agent, color caulking agent, color spray mortar, color self-leveling cement.
5. Artificial stone series: such as artificial marble, artificial granite, artificial sandstone, terrazzo and so on.
6. Color paste series: for the concrete or architectural coatings of water-based color paste, for epoxy floor or polyurethane floor paint oily paste
7. Other: color off powder, color sand.
As a result of good weatherability, alkali resistance, light resistance (these properties are not other inorganic pigments or organic pigments can have both), so in the building materials are used in iron oxide pigment as a coloring agent, in the amount of concrete products in the limit Below 10%. (The amount of natural products can be more than some) more than the high limit will make the mechanical strength of products decreased, and affect the solidification time. Generally 4 to 8% is appropriate, while iron oxide pigments without cobalt, zinc oxide, it will not affect the solidification time and solidification strength.